Jointly with Centre for Intelligent Systems, IEEE Estonia Section Young Professionals Affinity Group is glad to present an event that is dedicated to FOMCON toolbox — the most popular MATLAB toolbox for model based control design for fractional-order systems. In this 2 hour workshop, Dr. Aleksei Tepljakov—the original developer of FOMCON toolbox for MATLAB—will speak about the origins of the toolbox, its structure, and design — all from a software developer’s perspective. The workshop is primarily intended to those who want to learn FOMCON from the programmatic perspective. There will be a Q&A session at the end of the workshop. The abstract is also provided below.
No registration is necessary! At the time of the event (Friday, May 6th, 9am CET), just use the following link to join the workshop via Microsoft Teams:
If you want, you can also attend the event live in TalTech ICT building, ICT-507AB. As there is no registration, seat availability is subject to the first-come, first-served approach.
See you at the event!
In this talk, FOMCON (“Fractional-order Modeling and Control”) toolbox for MATLAB will be presented from the developer’s perspective. First, we revisit the structure of the toolbox and the main workflow supported by it which is model-based control design, and then delve deeper into the aspects related to the development of the toolbox.
We go through some specifics related to:
(1) object-oriented programming in MATLAB for creating a the main class of the toolbox — the FOTF class — and how it can be extended;
(2) some useful helper functions and utilities;
(3) optimization routines in MATLAB and how they are tied into model identification and control design in FOMCON specifically;
(4) The present GUI facilities of FOMCON and their future;
(5) FOMCON Simulink models, details of implementation.
The workshop is scheduled for 2 hours, including a Q&A session at the end.